Monday, February 13, 2012

So, who's gonna change the world?

Just a couple of minutes ago, I was reading this article about the 20 people who have left a substantial impact on the world, and have shaped it into what it is today. They are people who have changed the world, made a difference, etc. As noble and as self-sacrificing as this might sound, I would like to change the world too, someday. But for one purely self-centered and egotistical reason: I want to be remembered.

I don't want my existence to be lost in the midst of the eternal abyss which is human memory. I don't want my great-great-great grandchildren to refer to me as the ancestor who died in an airplane crash or got pecked to death by a one-legged chicken, but rather as Faulty McPerfect, who changed the world. Or at least Africa. I might even settle for the Middle East region only.  

So I thought I'd start a blog, and what better way is there for people to remember you than by reading your words?

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Technically, that isn't my word, but I'm proud to say that I'm able to spell it. Ahem, pronounce it then? At least I'm pretty sure that it refers to some lung disease.

This blog will mainly be about all the obstacles I must overcome to be immortalized in human memory.

I bet you're asking yourself "Why the heck would I read stuff all about her? Who gives a flying potato chip?"

Believe it or not, I have the answer to that question. As teenagers are generally my target audience, I'll be discussing issues that affect us all, ranging from choosing what to major in in college to jealousy to having feet too big for a girl and other trivial things.


Also, I'll mention things that matter and must not be forgotten. Coincidentally, 2011 pops to mind. The rebirth of entire countries is truly a sight to behold . . . but after that tumultuous birth, the Middle East seems to be as weak as a baby. Understandably. But seeing the way things are going, 2012 seems a whole lot like 2011 in disguise. People are still being killed in both Egypt and Syria, and it seems like justice won't take its course for a very long time to come.

In Egypt, some people want to avenge the dead pronto, as the justice system won't get around it doing its job any time this millennium the way things are going. Others want to wait until the elections. I pray to God that Armageddon isn't upon us yet when we actually manage to work this mess out.

We're all well aware that change won't happen overnight, but it's been a year. People are still suffering, yet there is still no progress. It's sort of like a Real Madrid and Barcelona match! Whenever Real Madrid seems to have actually beaten Barcelona, along come Messi and scores. I mean, really?!

This is Faulty McPerfect signing out.

Faulty McPerfect

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I love reading about other people! So you can definitely build an audience!

    ReplyDelete